DRT Past Activities
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Worked with Trustees and church committee leaders to develop a plan for the orderly use of storage spaces.
- DRT team leaders and members worked with Trustees to construct shelves in storage building for DRT and Hub mission supplies.
- Purchased and installed an evacuation slide on 2nd floor landing of Wesley Wing for moving disabled persons to 1st floor in an emergency.
RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING
- Coordinated and held CPR and First Aid training for EEC staff, DRT members and church family
- Established Photography Team to update DRT member’s photo identification badges and take pictures of events and activities
- Arranged for Save the Children presentation to DRT Leaders
COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION
- Maintained membership and attended County Citizen Corps and City Community Emergency Response meetings
- Maintained relations with City, County, State and Federal emergency management.
- Used DRT radio communications equipment in support of City of Bowie parade
- Met with County Department of Health regarding St. Matthew’s being a Point of Distribution for disbursement of medical supplies and materials in the event of an emergency
- Along with Trustees and kitchen committee, met with Director of Suzanne Wesley House to discuss possible purchase of used kitchen equipment
- Provided articles and notes for Circuit Rider, Parish Notes, and alert system
- Made arrangements with EEC for reciprocal use (and subsequent replacement) of DRT emergency supplies if needed
- Met with EEC Director regarding EEC evacuation and reunification plans
- Attended FEMA Region III’s Faith-Based and Community Initiatives Workshop at National Harbor, Maryland
- Met with Annapolis Southern Region Disaster Response Coordinator, discussed our DRT program and ERT involvement and gave him a tour of St. Matthews
EDUCATION AND SERVICES
- Coordinated a three-hour daytime Child-Friendly Spaces Program certification seminar by Save The Children, USA, for EEC staff and parents, and church members during National Preparedness Month (September)
- Coordinated a one-hour Child-Friendly Spaces Program evening workshop by Save The Children, USA, for interested EEC, church and community members during National Preparedness Month (September)
- Delivered multiple shipments of disaster relief supplies to the Hub in Mechanicsville, Pennsylvania
- Participated in “Feast of the Soul” Mission Sunday
- Provided snow removal services during last snowstorm after N2N engaged the Call List.
- Prepared for possible hurricane in August.
- Participated in County Citizen Corps “Prepare Prince George” as part of FEMA National Preparedness Month, hosted Corps meeting at the church, and made arrangements, collected, and delivered surplus County emergency supplies to the Pa. HUB
- Held numerous meetings with DRT Leaders