When your team is needed to provide meals, detailed information will be emailed to the team members along with a link to St. Matthew’s “cloud”. (If you do not have email, a volunteer will call you to get you on the schedule.) The link will take you to a Google document file that contains a schedule of dates along with the phone number and address of the family to receive meals, any allergies or food preferences, preferred time of delivery, and the number of adults and children in the family.
You will be able to edit the Google Document file—please enter your name and contact information on an open date that you can provide and deliver a meal. When the schedule is complete, it will be emailed to the receiving family (without the planned type of entrée column) so the family can contact a meal provider if a change in schedule is needed. If you would prefer to deliver a meal at a different time (e.g., early in the day for a meal that is easy to heat up), please contact the family to make arrangements. If you need assistance with getting a meal delivered, please let me know and we will work something out.
Each team will have more members than needed for two weeks of meals. This will ensure that summer vacations or holiday plans do not prevent St. Matthew’s from providing meals to any family. It will also allow team members to call on another team member should an unexpected conflict arise and a substitute meal provider is needed.
- Meals do not have to be fancy or gourmet; it can be homemade, store bought, or from a restaurant.
- The meal should consist of an entrée along with at least one side of vegetables/salad. Bread and dessert are optional.
- It is helpful to deliver your meals in containers that do not need to be returned or in zipper-type bags.
- Please include any re-heating or assembling instructions needed for your meal.
- Volunteers can opt to indicate what type of entrée they plan to provide for scheduling purposes (this information will not be sent to the family).
- Please plan food amounts according to the number and ages of family members.