In accordance with the United Methodist Church, we maintain a comprehensive Safe Sanctuary policy designed to make St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church a safe, nurturing environment for all. Sadly, our modern-day world demands that we protect children and other vulnerable persons from abuse, be it emotional, physical, sexual or ritual. God calls us to make our churches safe communities of faith where children and adults grow secure and strong. All activities for children sanctioned by SMUMC are strengthened and protected by our Safe Sanctuary policy.
If you are a volunteer on one of SMUMC’s many committees, groups or teams, I am asking for your help. It is time to update background checks and yearly questionnaires for anyone in the church who works or volunteers in any capacity where they may interact with any of the children and/or youth of SMUMC. If you will be volunteering in this capacity from now through August 2015, please follow the directions below to complete the required paperwork.
A. Attached are two forms:
1. Trak 1 SMUMC Authorization – Volunteer 2016 — The company that SMUMC is using to perform background checks is Trak 1. This form is the one that they require to be completed and signed by all individuals requiring background checks.
2. SSP – Questionnaire – 2016-2017 — This is the current yearly questionnaire that the Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church requires to be completed and signed by anyone in the church who works or volunteers in any capacity where they may interact with any of the children and/or youth of SMUMC.
B. Print out, complete, sign and return both of these forms directly Kathy Kraus. You may do that one of three ways:
1. E-Mail to email@example.com
2. Regular mail addressed to:
Safe Sanctuaries Program
St. Matthews UMC
14900 Annapolis Road
Bowie, MD 20715
3. Place it in the secure SPRC mailbox that is located in the coat room. If you are standing in the coat room facing the hallway, the locked wooden SPRC box is on the wall just to the left of the entrance. I am the only person with the key to it.
I appreciate your assistance with this important work to help keep our children safe. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Safe Sanctuaries Representative / SPPRC
410-721-3038 – Home
678-884-0307 – Work
443-253-1613 – Cell